In order to gain access to the STARDUST platform, follow the steps below gain access to the data on your local machine.
Requesting access to the VM
If you have not already, follow the steps in the Get Access page to request access to the data.
Once you have received the email accepting your request and asking for your public ssh key information, continue through the rest of this guide.
After submitting your public ssh key and signing the forms, wait for your VM to be configured for you. You should expect another email within 4-5 business days.
Setting up the VM on your local machine
Once you receive the email with your account name and password you will need to set up virtual machine access to your local device.
- Add the following to your
- In your terminal, start your ssh-agent by typing in the following command:
- Add the private key with the following command:
- Now you can ssh into the gateway by using the following command:
- Note: the
login_name is the username we provide you in the email.
- After this you must log in to the VM by using this command:
- If you have followed all the steps then you should be in the virtual machine at this time.
Accessing Your VM
Once you have completed the setup, you can access your VM afterward by simply
- ssh into the gateway:
- Log in to the VM